Lately, I have been more focused on nutrition and fueling to keep my body healthy and energized. As my mileage increases and race season heats up, I find that I need to add in more foods and other products to aid in energy, hydration and recovery. A few weeks ago, during a run, I felt tired and sluggish despite getting enough sleep. I took a few days off and reevaluated my nutritional choices. An increase in protein from fish and plant-based resources, along with supplements and proper hydration had me feeling 100% better and ready to tackle my weekly workouts.
I am linking up with Courtney, Cynthia and Mar for the Friday Five and the topic is food and drink. I am sharing my current food and hydration options that keep my energized and hydrated! Some products are “new to me”, while others are regular staples in my pantry!
- My favorite hydration mix! Skratch Labs has this warming Apples and Cinnamon Flavor that is perfect for cold mornings and full of electrolytes! I enjoy warming my body from the inside out on these chilly spring mornings!
- Energy Bits for Energy and Recovery I started adding this product back into my weekly nutrition routine before and after speedy tempos and long runs. I have a difference in my performance and muscle recovery. The only downside is expense and suggested quantity. It’s a really high quality product, so I am trying to work orders of this product back into my monthly budget.
- Organic Protein Powder I have to admit, I do not love protein powders. However, this is a “new to me” product. SoTru Organic Fermented Whole Food protein powder in the Vanilla flavor is yummy! There is no yucky aftertaste, in my opinion, and I love creating my own cold, creamy morning Frappuccinos with this protein powder-almond milk, frozen bananas, almond butter and cold brew coffee!
- Muesli Squares for Snacking I am a snacker! Throughout the day, if I don’t have a snack with quality ingredients that I are going to leave me satisfied, then I have a bad habit of reaching for those bags of salty chips! These bars are filling, full of nutritional ingredients and fill me up!
- From West to East-Strawberries and Raspberries are in Season! My absolute favorite fruit is in season right now from California and Florida. I love strawberries and raspberries!! So many nutritional benefits from strawberries! Strawberries are my cool, sweet “go-to-snack” and raspberries are just as yummy! So many recipes and ways to use these two yummy summer fruits!
What is your favorite summer fruit? What are your favorite snacks to get you through the day?